Ostarine Mk-2866 Sarms Powder Supplement Mk-2866
What is MK-2866?
Ostarine, also known as MK2866, is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). SARMs work in a similar way to anabolic steroids as they bind to the androgen receptors within the body, however, SARMs are much more selective and therefore, much more predictable and consistent than anabolic steroids. They are also known to have much less side effects as compared to steroids or pro-hormones.
Ostarine was originally developed by to treat conditions such as muscle wasting and osteoporosis and was known as Enobosarm. It has an almost exclusive anabolic effect on bone and muscle tissue and that is why it seems to be a promising treatment for those with muscle wasting due to old age, surgery or due to diseases such as AIDS or cancer. It not only helps to preserve muscle tissue but helps to increase it as well.
I should also mention that SARMs were not targeted by the 'Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014', that took away most of our beloved pro-hormones and therefore, at the time of writing this article, Ostarine, and other SARMs are still legal to purchase.
Benefits of using Ostarine
- Improved protein synthesis
- Increased lean mass, users can expect a lbm increase of 6-8lbs in a 6 week period.
- Improved strength gains
- Accelerated recovery
- Helps promote the healing of joints
- Non-estrogeninc, does not convert to estrogen.
- Very few side effects
- Long 24 hour half-life, you only need to take it once daily.
- Does not require PCT at moderate doses, although it is always recommended.
Ostarine has been shown to be virtually side effect free at moderate doses (up to 25mg).
In higher doses, some users have reported suppression of natural testosterone as well as mild increase in estrogen levels and oily skin or acne in those that are already prone to it.
A PCT is a MUST if cycling for long periods at higher doses.
Beginners will benefit from using Ostarine at 12-25mg daily for 4-6 weeks.
Advanced or heavier users can go up to 35mg daily for up to 8 weeks.
For muscle preservation during a cut, a daily dose of 15-20mg for up to 8 weeks should suffice.
For joint repair, a daily dose of 12mg for 4 weeks will be enough.
Ostarine Side Effects
Ostarine's side effects include all of the things you would expect from steroid alternatives and SARMs. Typically, these side effects will only occur after you've taken high doses of Ostarine for periods of 4 or more weeks at a time:
- Testicular Atrophy (your testicles may shrink post-cycle)
- Female users of Ostarine may develop more male characteristics, like a deeper voice and increased facial or body hair
Benefits of Ostarine
Ostarine is typically associated with the following benefits:
- Non-steroidal androgen receptor, so it offers reduced side effects compared to traditional anabolic steroids
- Does not bind to estrogen receptors (it's "selective"), which means that it won't be converted to estrogenic metabolites
- Increases lean body mass
- Offers steroid-like benefits, including enhanced libido, better endurance, and stronger gains
- Stimulates testosterone action in the bone, muscle, and brain
- Reduced testosterone action in the prostate and skin (so you experience reduced symptoms of acne and prostate enlargement)